Add a chatbot to your WordPress website fast with these easy steps. How can TruVISIBILITY help? We'll go over the best way to integrate one of your chatbots made with TruVISIBILITY's Chat application to any website you created in WordPress.
Why Add a Chatbot to Your Wordpress Site?
No matter how comprehensive your website is, your visitors will inevitably ask questions. It’s best to answer those questions as quickly as possible, but you won’t always be available. That’s where using WordPress chatbots can come in handy.
Answering common questions via email can be a big resource drain for smaller companies. If you’ve struggled to keep up with communication demands from customers, or feel like you’re missing engagement opportunities online, you might be wondering if there’s a better way to connect.
Fortunately, there’s an approachable form of Artificial Intelligence (AI) that TruVISIBILITY can help with, which is readily available for use with WordPress. A ‘chatbot’ can provide a powerful service on your website, and help you provide engaging communication options to your customers.
You’ve probably seen chatbots on other websites – programs that can carry out basic conversations through text. While this may seem like a complex feature, adding a chatbot to your own site is surprisingly easy. You just need the right tool.
In this article, we’ll explain how chatbots work and how they might be able to benefit your WordPress site. Then we’ll introduce some tools for adding WordPress chatbots, and show you how to start using them. Let’s go!
Table of Contents
- Chatbot Types
- How to Install a Chatbot to WordPress
- Creating a Free WordPress Chatbot with TruVISIBILITY
Chatbots have a wide variety of uses. From 24/7 customer support responses to sales information and marketing, you’ll likely be able to find a way chatbots can work for you.
There are several kinds of chatbots to consider as well, including:
- Menu and button-based. This is the most basic chatbot option. It can be simple yet effective in handling commonly-asked questions.
- Contextual. This is by far the most sophisticated chatbot of the three types. Contextual chatbots often use a combination of Machine Learning (ML) and AI. They will listen and understand what users tell them, and use that experience to learn and grow over time.
- Keyword recognition-based. These types of chatbots are more like a conversational search engine embedded into a chat window. They use select keywords to return an answer you might be looking for.
There are also chatbots that combine a few of these technologies. You might see a keyword chatbot implement some menu button choices, for example, to help overcome any keyword redundancy issues.
How to Install a Chatbot to WordPress
Adding a chatbot to your WordPress website is quick and easy. You have three different options:
- Standalone chatbot: Don't want to fuss with code and installation? No problem! Send your customers and leads straight to your chatbot with a simple link.
- Pop-up chatbot: A chatbot that pops up after a visitor clicks a specific button or link on your website. Engage with visitors in specific areas of your website, so you can learn more about them and qualify them further. All visitors to the page see this button or link and can click it to access the pop-up chatbot. Added to the html body of your site.
- Targeted chatbot: Uses Audiences, defining which type of visitors you want to target with a chatbot. You can show another Audience a different chatbot with different interactions. Added to the header.
Whichever chatbot you choose, they can all be installed on a WordPress website. Let's go over the steps of how to add your TruVISIBILITY chatbot to your WordPress site.
1) Firstly, log in to your WordPress account and go to your website's page.
2) Secondly, log into your TruVISIBILITY Chat account and click on "Chat Widgets".
3) Click on channels. In your channels, click on "Edit" in your "Website" channel.
4) Make sure you choose "Popup Window". The code you'll see is the code to embed your chatbot on any website.
5) Click the "Copy to Clipboard" button to copy the code.
6) Go to "Plugins" in WordPress to add TruVISIBILITY's chatbot. Paste your code into the plugin. If you want to add your bot to a specific page, follow the next steps.
7) Go to your page and click on "Code Editor" in the "Editor" tab to paste your code at the end of the code editor widget provided. This may or may not work depending if you have a business account with WordPress or not.
Please note that some features are different for businesses that have a premium business account with WordPress. In some ways, the business account gives more plugin options and makes it easier to add custom coding to any page.
What's important is that you already have a website made (whether it's in draft or already published) with WordPress and can access your chatbot's code in your Chat account before adding the bot to your site. For any questions or issues that arise in the process, TruVISIBILITY is available any time to help. Feel free to contact us here. Or email email@example.com.
Creating a Free Wordpress Chatbot with TruVISIBILITY
Don't have a website through TruVISIBILITY? It's easy to set up and much easier to integrate with each of TruVISIBILITY's applications, such as Chat, Blogs, and Messaging so you can start your entire marketing strategy as soon as possible.
If you find you are one of the businesses already with a WordPress website, you can still use all of TruVISIBILITY's applications, like the chatbot creation and email messaging features to also integrate with your website.
Why Create a Chatbot with TruVISIBILITY?
So how can you use chatbots to help your WordPress site? Here are a few common approaches:
- Provide better customer service, even when there are no humans around to answer questions.
- Direct visitors towards important information or a Call To Action (CTA).
- Collect data from your audience.
- Introduce an element of fun and personality into your website.
Chatbots can provide a lot of benefits for your site, and it’s actually surprisingly easy to create WordPress chatbots thanks to some helpful tools.
Chat is constantly improving to make it easier for you to create conversational bots. You can discover updated ways you can install chatbots to any channels in your "Channels" tab - it's not just for web pages!
If you want to learn more about how to create or install a free WordPress chatbot (or any conversational bot), check out the numerous articles on TruVISIBILITY's blog page on chatbot marketing here.
You're sure to discover new facts about chatbots, how to create a version of a bot specifically for your type of business and industry, and learn how to make different types of bots like support chatbots or survey chatbots with step-by-step directions.
Looking for a simple way to keep your customer base? Our templates make it extremely fast to get inspiration, adjust your conversation YOUR way, and install it on any channel.
Want to make it even easier? Check out TruVISIBILITY's email options and website options that can be implemented with your site and social media pages quicker and seamlessly. This makes managing your marketing accounts simple with less possibility of data loss.
Want to receive more articles?
Sign-up for our weekly newsletter to receive info that will help your business grow